Friday, April 19, 2013

Gratitude

I don't know if I've beat this horse enough yet. I can't thank everyone enough for the outpouring of support and prayers. I am sure that the recipient is going through the same thing on their end during this time as well.

Yesterday was pretty much a blur. Had about 4 meetings. Only 2 of which where scheduled. Came out of all of them pretty much unscathed and none worse for the wear. And business after lunch was pretty much normal. I don't know if it was because I was so busy or because I was looking forward to spending some fishing time with my boy, who is now a man, Slim, or what? But there was no feelings of nervousness or anxiety that I've been feeling on and off. And I'm proud and humbled to admit that he finally beat me at bass fishing. Oh he worked for it, and oh how good it made me feel to pass the torch. And oh don't worry, I'll be taking that torch back after I'm back on my feet again.

That time, plus spending time with the J-Man really made my day. So how does one wind down after such a great afternoon/evening? You pick up a few $5 movies for the hospital stay from Walmart (Army of Darkness, The Princess Bride, and Jeremiah Johnson - there's a balance there, trust me) and then you head home and go to youtube and look at more surgery vids. I'm not suggestion that anyone do this, but I like being informed. So I searched for laparoscopic kidney transplants, ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner and went from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment