Monday, April 15, 2013

The Last Supper

Have you ever really wondered what the food tasted like at the Last Supper?
Believe it or not, I really like eating and I often think, "What would I want my last meal to be?"

Well, now I have the chance to ask that question plus wonder, "What would I want my first meal be?"
Yes, it probably doesn't make any sense, but allow me to explain. On noon the 22nd I will have to begin a fast that only includes basically clear liquids. So that breakfast, which they suggest to be 'normal' will be a sort of last meal. Ok allow me to have a little fun with this. Breakfast for me is always a toss up and sometimes not even tossed in. But I assure you that no matter what it is, I will try and make it memorable.

Now on to the first meal. I was asked today about what I would want to eat while I'm laid up in the hospital. This never crossed my mind because I have some beans and tater's lined up after I get home. A man's gotta have a focus. So back to the hospital. Home is taken care of, what about while I'm still laid up? Mama 'Liz's potato soup! Yes! Now that would be kick'n as well. So it seems that the food spectrum is taken care of now I can relax and not freak out.

Segue (not to be confused with those two wheeled deals that some security personnel use)

I read a blog that a gentleman wrote from NJ last night and he actually touched on something that I never thought about. The pain. Oh the pain! For some odd reason, I was thinking that there wouldn't be much pain involved. But I was relieved by the comment that his wife made to him. "You're not having a baby."


Moving on. I'm really thankful for all the support that has been coming my way. Offers of prayers, food, service, etc have been tremendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment