Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Connection

Kings Creek Falls
Just returned from a camping trip with a buddy over at Burrells Ford, SC. If you haven't been there, go! It's a beautiful area with many trails that make up some of South Carolina's best trail system (Georgia's better btw). Everyone knows that camping gives one ample amount of time to access, reflect and look ahead.
Well, I was caught up in all three.

I've begun to prepare in my head, home and work for the next couple of weeks. This weekend helped bring a few more things into perspective:
1) I'm grateful that I won't be doing this alone.
2) The excitement of being chosen is at times exhilarating.
3) My life is gonna change (again).
4) Another person's; whom I may never meet, life will change.

That's when it hit me. There by the campfire enjoying myself in all of creation, somewhere out there is another person who is even more excited than I! There's the connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment