Sunday, April 28, 2013

Humbleness and lessons learned

Part of me has always confused humbleness with a sort of dependency. Oh how wrong is that? Laying here on the couch for a few days have taught me that the two have nothing in common and how flawed some of my thinking was. Many friends have came to my aid this past week in so many ways. And many more continue to ask how they can help. This is very humbling. This is causing me to grow as well. To be 42 years old and to finally begin to get a hold of what it means to be humbled, well I'm humbled.

So here's a few updates. I don't mean to cause anyone any alarms, but let's just say that I'm trying to keep it real. The past few nights have been very interesting. Two nights ago I had a dream that something started jabbing me on my right side. Well, I was sleeping on my left side. This feeling caused me to jerk suddenly towards my right like I was dodging something. Yes, yes it did hurt. Let's just say that that morning I didn't get out of bed until 9:30AM I think. That left me with a whole day where I had very little to none in the area of an appetite. It's very hard to tell when one is hungry or if the pain is coming from the incision.

Last night was sketch as well. In my discharge papers I have instructions on what do if certain things happen. I still wasn't feeling well after a long day and I was feeling some slight nausea and so I thought I'd take my temp. 99.1F Well, if my temp reaches 100F I have to call Emory. Yes, yes I was freaking inside. It was just about time to take my scheduled meds and I figured I'd take the temp again after I took my meds. This brought my temp back down to 98.7F and gave me some relief. Fortunately I had some motion sickness pills from my last trip and so I took one of those as well. Oh let me back up. I wasn't doing a stellar job of keeping up with my meds at night/morning, so I set alarms to go off every 4 hours. This has helped dramatically as well! That being said, outside of the crazier than usual dreams I've been having, last night and this morning was much better!
Oh yeah, there was an angel at my door this morning with some delicious waffles and syrup.

Next goal: A healthy BM

No comments:

Post a Comment